Wednesday, September 26, 2012

TA and CA (Travel Approval and Consulate Appointment)


After 21 day, we received our TA (travel approval)  from China. It was a long and stressful wait. The average wait had been 7 to 10 days. So needless to say by day 20 there was some nerves and bad moods in the Desjadon household. But then on day 21, October 21 we got the phone call we had been waiting for. We quickly requested our Consulate date and on Monday it was approved. That is when the reality bat hit me upside the head, I am leaving in just over a month! On October 23, I will be boarding a plane with my brother in law and starting the next leg in this journey that has been going on for over a year.

Tickets have been bought and we are awaiting the itinerary of the trip. Our Consulate appointment for the kids visas is November 6th. This will be the first election since I have been able to vote that I will not be going into a booth and pulling a lever. Absentee ballot here I come.

Michael

1 comment: